You CAN Handle the Truth: Reducing Applicants Response Distortion in Pre-employment Assessments
Have you ever been impressed with a job applicant’s test results or personality profile, only to find out that the person you saw on paper was nothing like the person you saw on the job? How did that happen? Could that person have “faked” their way through your assessments?
Many organizations are streamlining their application process – delivering many of their pre-employment assessments “remotely” or on-line, without an organizational representative present to administer their tests. Unfortunately, while streamlining this way can save organizations time and money during the application process, it increases the chances that some applicants may be less honest and forthcoming in the way they respond to questions on the assessments.
During this session we’ll discuss the concept of applicant “response distortion” as applied to jobs in several settings (including retail sales and customer service). We’ll talk about the ways to reduce an applicant’s likelihood to “fake” their way through assessments, particularly for those delivered remotely, so that the information we use to make hiring decisions is as accurate as possible.
Finally, we’ll share the results of research on different techniques used to reduce response distortion in several organizations. What will participants learn?
1) The different ways applicants can distort their responses to items on pre-employment assessments
2) How administering assessments on-line, in an unproctored setting, can increase the likelihood for inaccurate information
3) Techniques for reducing an applicant’s likelihood to try to fake their way through assessments.
4) The impact these techniques can have on applicant test scores. Who should attend?
1) Recruiters, Managers, Directors, VPs, etc., responsible for HR, Staffing, and Talent Acquisition.
2) Those interested in learning about the ways we can reduce faking on job assessments.
3) Business leaders. Registration Information
If you are already a member of HR.com, please login to register for the webcast. If you are not a member of HR.com, you will need to sign up for a FREE HR.com membership, this will only take you a moment to fill in the required information. Once you have confirmation of your membership, you will be able to register for this complimentary webcast.
Tuesday, August, 24th, 11:00 AM ET Register Here!