Finding the Missing Piece: Creating Person-Job Fit Interviews
DeGarmo Group announced today that Mark Baker will be facilitating an HR.com webcast titled “Finding the Missing Piece: Creating Person-Job Fit Interviews“
. The session will be held on August 17, 2010 at 1 pm ET. Provided below is a description of the session, as well as registration information. Session Overview
Organizations have a long standing love affair with the employment interview. Unfortunately, the obligatory inclusion of an interview in any hiring process can potentially do more harm than good. Even interviewers with several years of experience often make poor or inconsistent hiring decisions due to a lack of understanding of the purpose and best practices of interviewing.
During this session we will explore how to structure an employment interview to measure the degree of “fit” between applicants’ personal preferences, motivations, and “hot buttons”, with the specific demands and challenges they’ll face on the job.
Specifically, attendees will learn to identify and understand the basic elements of interviews, learn what types of structured interviews are best suited for specific types of information, be introduced to person-job fit and learn how good “fit” contributes to reduced turnover and improved organizational functioning, learn about the importance of standardized training and follow-up calibration exercises for interviewers. What will participants learn?
1) How employment interviews can be designed to leverage their inherent strengths
2) How person-job fit contributes to reduced turnover and improved organizational functioning
3) The importance of interview training to ensure consistent decision are made across an organization
4) The importance of follow up calibration exercises to maintain procedural and scoring consistency Who should attend?
1) Interviewers of all experience levels who wish to enhance their understanding of their role in the selection process.
2) Recruiters, Managers, Directors, VPs, etc., responsible for HR, Staffing, Talent Acquisition and/or Organizational Development.
3) Those interested in understanding how good person-job fit leads to smooth organizational functioning. Registration Information
If you are already a member of HR.com, please login to register for the webcast. If you are not a member of HR.com, you will need to sign up for a FREE HR.com membership, this will only take you a moment to fill in the required information. Once you have confirmation of your membership, you will be able to register for this complimentary webcast.
Tuesday, August, 17th, 1:00 – 2:00 PM ET Register Here!